Medicinal benefits of Indian Night Jasmine
Indian Night Jasmine, as it is named spreads its fragrance in the night, a very beautiful and extremely delicate tiny white flower with deep orange stalk. This is a seasonal flower and starts flowering from the month of October till November-December. This is considered to be the favourite flower of Goddess Lakshmi or Wealth in Hindu tradition and used in puja (prayers).
This is called Parijat (Sanskrit), Parijatamu (Telugu), Harshringar (Hindi), Pavizhamalli (Tamil).
Botanical Name: Nyctanthes arbor-tristis, Family: Oleaceae (Jasmine family)
- Good for constipation
- Effective for intestinal worms
- Treating chronic fevers
- Relieves joint pains
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal
- Good for liver-related problems
- Effective in skin problems
How to use
- Take a teaspoon of Parijat powder with lukewarm and have it on empty stomach in the morning and evening.
- Boil one teaspoon of Parijat powder in one glass of water till water reduces to quarter glass. Take warm decoction after food
- Mix Parijat powder in warm water and apply around skin rashes and redness.